Frequently asked questions
Muitas perguntas relacionadas com a compra, entrega e pós entrega do software sao abordadas e respondidas abaixo. Caso nao encontre a sua pergunta, nao hesite em contactar o nosso time.
Você pode enviar um email contendo as informaçoes do software desejado, seu nome, endereço e contatos para: firstname.lastname@example.org, e o responderemos com uma cotaçao.
Sim, entre em contato pelo numero +55 (11) 4680 3503 e fale com um dos nossos atendentes. Nosso escritório funciona das 9:00 as 17:00 horas de segunda a sexta-feira.
Pagamentos podem ser feitos por cartao de crédito ou débito e por transferência bancária.
Você também pode comprar por meio do nosso site. Para ver todas as licensas disponíveis para compra, clique no menu de softwares.
Compras sao processadas em até 1 dia util a contar da data da confirmaçao do pagamento. A maioria dos softwares oferecem entrega por meio de download, o que reduz o período de espera pela licensa. Uma vez processada a compra, enviaremos as credenciais e números de série para o email fornecido.
Os codigos das licensas de software adquiridos sao entregues por meio de email com todas as instruçoes necessárias, juntamente com as credenciais e o número de série, informados no corpo do email ou em anexo.
Ficamos felizes em fornecer suporte técnico sempre que necessário. Envie-nos sua questao por email email@example.com, incluindo todos os detalhes da sua licensa e do suporte solicitado, inclusive screenshots de qualquer erro de aplicaçao, e os auxiliaremos com a soluçao.
Cursos de treinamento sao o expertize da Timberlake. Nós oferecemos cursos abertos ao público, cursos “on site” e online ha anos, e nossa capacidade e método sao incomparáveis. Todos os nossos cursos sao interativos, com prática, e utilizando dados reais, principalmente nos cursos “on site”, trabalhamos com os dados dos clientes, fazendo o aprendizado mais relevante e proporcionando cópias temporáreas gratúitas do software, para que todos possam ter acesso durante o curso.
We will provide you with three options for delivery of your order:
- Option 1: Download delivery (where available)
- Option 2: By our UK / International Courier Service (next day delivery UK Only).
- Option 3: By Royal Mail Post..
Your Invoice will be raised when your order is shipped and will be sent to you by email.
Yes, please direct your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, we accept payment in GBP, USD, EUR, AED, PLN and ZAR. Please contact us if you would like to discuss terms of payment.
Strictly 30-days where prior agreed. We accept payment by debit / credit card, bank transfer and cheques. If advance payment is required, you can make payment by calling us on +44 (0) 20 8697 3377 or by ordering through this website.
Stata software is available in different versions to suit users requirements.
- Stata/MP is a version of Stata/SE that runs on multiprocessor and multicore computers. Stata/MP provides the most extensive support for multiple-processor computers and multicore computers of any statistics and data-management package and runs much faster than Stata SE.
- Stata/SE allows datasets with up to 32,766 variables. The limit of observations is based on the amount of RAM in your computer.
- Stata/IC allows datasets with as many as 2,047 variables. The limit of observations is based on the amount of RAM in your computer.
Yes, you can install Stata on Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
Yes, you can install Stata on Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
Yes you can install Stata Mac OS X and Linux Operating systems. The Stata installation files are not platform specific, therefore the same installation credentials or installation DVD can be used across Windows, Macintosh and Linux Operating Systems.
Stata is a stand-alone application and does not have separate server/client components. Stata can however take advantage of either a servers resources or a clients resources, depending on how Stata is installed.
- Windows: By default, the networked version of Stata for Windows is set up so that Stata uses the client machines resources. Stata is installed on a file server, and shortcuts pointing to the Stata executable on the server are created for the client machine. When Stata is opened from a client machine, it uses the client machines resources.
If you want Stata to use the servers resources, your server must be configured to use Windows Terminal Services.
- Mac OS: By default, the networked version of Stata for Macintosh is set up so that Stata uses the client machines resources. Stata is installed on a file server but when Stata is opened from a client machine, it uses the client machines resources.
- Unix: By default, the networked version of Stata for Unix is set up so that Stata uses the server machines resources. A user will telnet or ssh into the Unix server and run Stata using the servers resources. You have the option of using NFS and symbolic links to use the client machines resources as well.
Open “Help” on the main menu bar and click “About”.
- RAM: The most important consideration when buying a computer on which to run Stata is the amount of RAM (memory) you will need. You need at least 512 MB of RAM for Stata to run smoothly. Stata loads all your data into RAM to perform its calculations. You must have enough physical RAM to load Stata and allocate enough memory to it to load and analyse your datasets.
Stata will be drastically slowed if the operating system has to use virtual memory to load your data or perform its calculations. One of the issues you have to consider when deciding how much RAM to purchase is the size of the datasets that you will be working with. We recommend that your computer contain 50% more memory than the size of your largest dataset. Stata needs the extra room in memory to perform calculations, create temporary variables, etc., once the data have been loaded.
- Architecture: The two main computer architectures are 32-bit and 64-bit. If you plan on working with datasets larger than 1 GB, we recommend that you purchase a 64-bit computer.
A 64-bit computer does not have the 2 GB memory limitation that a 32-bit computer has.
- Processor: Assuming that you have enough RAM, the next greatest effect on the performance of Stata is the processor. The faster the clock speed and the more cache a processor has, the faster Stata will run. There are two main types of processors, RISC (reduced instruction set) and CISC (complex instruction set). In general, a CISC chip running at the same clock speed (such as 800 MHz) as a RISC chip will accomplish more in a given amount of time. RISC chips are fast at certain types of operations, such as integer math, which makes them faster for certain applications like graphics packages. However, for general computing, a CISC chip will be faster at a given clock speed. Intel and AMD are the main producers of CISC chips, whereas Mac OS, Sun, IBM RS/6000, and several other Unix computers use RISC chips.
For best performance, consider a dual-core, multicore, or multiprocessor machine, Stata/MP can take advantage of these computer systems and allow “threads” of computations to be split across multiple processors. This can dramatically increase the speed of many Stata commands. Many of the modern multicore processors on the market today are of the 64-bit variety and will allow Stata to take advantage of physical memory over 2 Gigabytes allowing very large datasets to be loaded into memory. Click here for more information on compatible hardware architectures.
- Hard Drive: Stata requires only around 80 MB of drive space to install. The speed of the hard drive where Stata is installed will affect Stata’s performance when using some commands. These commands write temporary files to disk, so a fast hard drive will help, but most of Stata’s commands are not affected by the hard drive speed because Stata does its calculations in RAM. Users that make heavy use of their hard drive from writing temporary files or as a result of Stata swapping information may want to look into a RAID 0/RAID 5 array.
- Servers: Depending on the operating system and your network setup, Stata can use either the server or client computers resources when running. Point your Web browser to the URL below to read an FAQ on our Web site about networking Stata on different operating systems. If you decide to set up Stata to use the resources of a server, please determine the number of possible simultaneous Stata users. For ideal performance, there should be at least as many CPUs on the server as there will be simultaneous Stata sessions running on that server. Also, make sure that the server has enough physical RAM to handle the total amount of RAM that all Stata users may need to allocate to Stata while performing their analyses. Stata will run on any Novell or Windows Vista/XP/NT/2000 network. Stata will also run on UNIX-based or Macintosh-based networks.
Why do I receive the error “cannot open C:Program FilesStata13STATA.LIC” on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 Machine?
The default Vista permission settings do not allow applications write permissions to their respective install directories, even if you are logged into a machine as administrator. Stata needs these permissions to create its licence file.
To get around the problem, you must right-click the Stata executable in the Stata install directory and select “Run as Administrator” from the right-click menu to open Stata. Then you can enter your authorization information, etc., and Stata will create the proper file.
It looks like you have installed a version of Stata that does not match you license. For example, you may have installed Stata/SE, but your licence is only valid for Stata/IC or Small Stata. Or you have installed Stata/MP but your licence is only valid for Stata/SE, Stata/IC or Small Stata.
Check your licence and confirm which version of Stata you are authorised to use. Then redo the installation.
It looks like that you have allocated more memory to Stata than is physically available on your computer. A clear indicator is constant, prolonged disk access during the execution of a command. What you are seeing is Windows using virtual memory to make up for the lack of physical memory you have requested. Possible solutions include adding more memory to your computer or moving to a 64-bit machine.
This information is noted on your screen when you open Stata.
Registration is a one-time procedure that may be performed by the system administrator or by the end user.
- Auto Registration: If your computer is connected to the Internet, click on Auto Registration… to open a dialog containing registration information.
Fill out the name information and enter a valid, unused 24-character serial number from the list provided to the administrator.
If the EViews installer was used to place the program files on this machine, some of these fields will already be filled in.
When you click on Register now, EViews will attempt to contact one of our registration servers. Once contacted, the information contained in the dialog will be sent to the server, and the machine will be registered to run EViews using that serial number.
If successful, you will see a message indicating that registration was completed successfully, along with the number of machines that have been registered to that serial number.
- Manual Registration: Click on Manual Registration to open the registration dialog.
In the dialog you will have to fill in three fields: a valid 24-character serial number, your name, and a registration key.
If the EViews installer was used to place the program files on this machine, some of these fields will already be filled in.
As described in the dialog, there are four ways to acquire a registration key: web browser, email, phone, or standard mail.
The easiest method is via web browser. If you have access to any machine that is connected to the Internet with a web browser, simply visit: www.eviews.com/register, follow the links to the registration page and fill in the form. You will need to enter a name, serial number, and the machine ID number as displayed in the registration dialog. Be sure to enter the name exactly as it appears in the dialog. You will be provided with a 36-character registration key.
Once you have obtained the key, enter the key in the Registration Key edit boxes, make certain that the name and serial number match those entered in the web page, and click OK to finish the registration process. If all of the information is entered correctly, you will be informed that your registration is complete.
There are common reasons why auto registration may fail.
First, auto registration will obviously not work if the computer cannot establish a connection to the Internet. If you have a dial-up connection we recommend that you establish your connection prior to attempting to auto register.
Second, your computer may be behind a firewall that does not allow the required communication between your computer and our servers.
Third, it is possible that all of our registration servers may temporarily be down.
If you have problems with auto registration you may wish to try again at a later time. Alternatively, you can choose to register manually.
Your EViews machine can be found by launching EViews and clicking on Help and EViews Registration section of the software.
Go to Help and About section of EViews.
Go to “Help” and “About” section of EViews.
All full versions of EViews are only compatible with Windows.
Only EViews Student Edition is available for Mac OS X.
Yes, please contact us at for more details email@example.com.
Yes, you need to have Administrative rights on my machine to install and register EViews.
You are allowed three installations per EViews serial number as long as you are the sole user of this serial number. In other words, any of these three installations cannot be run concurrently.
You are allowed one installation for each EViews Student Edition serial number.
GAUSS works on all platforms (Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Unix)
All old versions of GAUSS are updateable, however upgrade pricing may vary, dependant on what version you are updating from.
Yes, Premier Support and Platinum Premier Support are available to GAUSS users.
Premier Support provides the following features:
- Unlimited technical support
- 24-hour/day access to their download account on our website to download any of the software they have purchased from us.
- 50% discount on updates
- Additional licence for their laptop for the length of their Premier Support contract. This additional licence is not to be used simultaneously, as their work licence and home machine licence.
Platinum Premier Support offers all of these benefits except that instead of getting 50% off of update pricing, users receive updates at no additional charge.
All customers get 60 days of Premier Support when they purchase a new copy of GAUSS. If they renew after letting it lapse, then they need to purchase at the non-continuous price. In order to purchase Premier Support, they can only be two revisions back. For Platinum Premier Support, users must have the current version of GAUSS.
In addition to GAUSS, both GaussX and GENO require licence codes. If you are having trouble running them, please contact us as the most common problem here is that a licence key will be required.