Latest Release: EViews 10 (June 2017)
Operating System: Windows
EViews offers academic researchers, corporations, government agencies, and students access to powerful statistical, forecasting, and modelling tools through an innovative, easy-to-use object-oriented interface.
EViews combina o melhor da tecnologia moderna de software com recursos de ponta. O resultado é um programa de última geração que oferece um poder sem precedentes dentro de uma interface flexível e fácil de usar.
A combination of power and ease-of-use make EViews the ideal package for anyone working with time series, cross-section, or longitudinal data. With EViews, you can quickly and efficiently manage your data, perform econometric and statistical analysis, generate forecasts or model simulations, and produce high quality graphs and tables for publication or inclusion in other applications.
Featuring an innovative graphical object-oriented user-interface and a sophisticated analysis engine, EViews blends the best of modern software technology with the features you’ve always wanted. The result is a state-of-the art program that offers unprecedented power within a flexible, easy-to-use interface.
- An intuitive, easy-to-use interface
- Powerful analytic tools
- Sophisticated data management
- Presentation quality output
- Traditional command line and programming interface
EViews 10 is available in two different versions: Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition.
EViews 10 Standard Edition for Windows
EViews 10 offers academic researchers, corporations, government agencies, and students access to powerful statistical, forecasting, and modeling tools through an innovative, easy-to-use object-oriented interface.
EViews blends the best of modern software technology with cutting edge features. The result is a state-of-the art program that offers unprecedented power within a flexible, easy-to-use interface.
EViews 10 Enterprise Edition for Windows
EViews 10 Enterprise Edition is an enhanced version of EViews 10.The Enterprise Edition contains all of the features of EViews 10, plus support for ODBC and the proprietary data formats of several commercial data and database vendors.
Specifically, the Enterprise Edition allows direct access to ODBC¹ databases or queries and provides transparent connection to Global Insights DRIPro and DRIBase databanks², Haver Analytics DLX³, FAME™ 4 format databases, EcoWin5 databases, Datastream6, FactSet7, Moodys Economy.com8, Macrobond Financial9, CEIC10. The familiar, easy-to-use EViews database interface has been extended to these data formats so that you may work with foreign databases as easily as native EViews databases.
EViews Student Version for Windows & Mac OS
EViews Student Version is an inexpensive version of EViews that is targeted for instructional use in the areas of econometric analysis, forecasting, and statistics, available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. EViews Student Version is the right choice for your instructional needs.
Selecting software for your econometrics or forecasting class can be a daunting task – get it right and you have a tool that empowers students to learn through hands-on experience; get it wrong and both you and your students must struggle to make the software work for you.
Note: the Student Version places “soft” capacity restrictions on the amount of data (1,500 observations per series, 15,000 total observations, 60 objects) that may be saved or exported. Students may, without restriction, work with larger amounts of data, but workfiles that exceed the soft limits may neither be saved nor the data exported.
* Sales of EViews Student Version are restricted to currently enrolled students and faculty. In addition, the Student Version License will expire two (2) years after first use, and the Student Version will no longer run two years after the first activation.
EViews 10 offers an extensive array of powerful new features for data handling, statistics and econometric analysis, forecasting and simulation, data presentation, and programming. The following list offers a glimpse at the latest EViews features:
- EViews Interface
- Data Handling
- Graphs, Tables & Spools
- Econometrics & Statistics
- Testing & Diagnostics
- Automatic and user-controlled workfile history, snapshot and backup system.
- Live statistics for spreadsheet views.
- Support for long object names.
- Enhanced logging abilities.
- Improved integration with R.
- Attribute importing and exporting.
- Interface to World Bank data.
- Interface to United Nations data.
- Interface to Eurostat data.
- Interface to European Central Bank data.
- Saving to Tableau®.
- Saving to JSON.
- Bubble plots.
- Series updating in graphs.
- New default graph styles.
- Miscellaneous new graph options.
- Table sorting.
- Season-trend decomposition (STL).
- MoveReg weekly seasonal adjustment.
- Special function computation.
- Smooth threshold regression (STR).
- Heteroskedasticity consistent robust standard error options.
- Clustered standard errors.
- VARs with linear restrictions.
- Structural VAR restriction improvements.
- VAR historical decomposition.
- Improved nonlinear forecasting.
- Additional autoregressive distributed lag (ARDL) tools.
- VAR structural residuals.
- Improved VAR serial correlation testing.
- Model bounds checking.
|CPU||Pentium or better|
|Operating system||Windows 10 (32bit or 64bit), Windows 8.1 (32bit or 64bit), Windows 8 (32bit or 64bit), Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit), Windows Vista (32bit or 64bit), Windows Server 2016 (32bit or 64bit)*, Windows Server 2012 (32bit or 64bit)*, Windows Server 2008 (32bit or 64bit)*|
|Disk space||400 MB of available hard disk space for the EViews executable, supporting files, full documentation, and example files|
*Note: For information on running EViews under a virtual or remote environment, such as VMWare, Citrix or Remote Desktop, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Installation of EViews on a server operating system requires an EViews volume license agreement.
EViews 9.5 Student Version
EViews Student Version has the same powerful econometric and analytical methods used in the EViews Standard Edition. The Student Version is also streamlined with EViews’ easy to use point-and-click graphical user interface. You can concentrate on using EViews without having to learn complicated command syntax or navigate through layers of menus. Thousands of universities, academic institutions, and professors worldwide are using EViews to teach econometrics and time-series analysis for decades.
EViews Student Version is available for £32.00 ex VAT. Click here to purchase
EViews 9.5 Student Version Lite
EViews Student Version Lite is free! Students can download EViews Student Version Lite to complete their course work. Professors can now use EViews Student Version Lite to teach econometrics without worrying about cost. Though there are some limitations, EViews Student Version Lite offers you the same powerful analytical methods used in the Student Version. Please refer to the table and descriptions below for more information about EViews Student Version and Student Version Lite limitations.
Teaching and learning econometrics is easier with EViews Student Version Lite. Download your free EViews Student Version Lite license.
There are many textbooks, publications, and resources available to help you learn econometrics using EViews. In addition, we have online videos about using EViews at EViews Tutorials center.
EViews Student Version and Student Version Lite Comparison
|Student Version||Student Version Lite|
|Reading/Importing Workfile Limits|
|Workfile Page Limit||3||3|
|Saving/Exporting Workfile Limits|
|Database Support (Read)||Yes||Yes|
|Database Support (Write)||No||No|
|Third party data vendor*||FRED only||FRED only|
|Enterprise Database Extensions (EDX)||No||No|
|Enterprise Database Object Library (EDO)||No||No|
|ODBC Compliant Databases||No||No|
|User Defined Objects||No||No|
|Length of Use||2 yrs||1 yr|
|Model Equation Limits||10||10|
|Requires internet connection||No||Yes|
|X-11, X-12, X-13, and Tramo/Seats X-11 seasonal adjustment||No||No|
|Copy & Paste **||table, data, image||image only|
* EViews Enterprise allows for direct importing with premium data vendors (a paid subscription may be required).
** Student Version on Mac devices does not support saving of graphics to .PNG and .JPG formats, or using OLE during copy and paste operations.
Unlimited¹ ability to read/write Observation Totals and Object Totals is limited by your computer’s available memory.
No² – Student Version Lite does not allow saving of workfiles or exporting data to other software formats.
The Student Version and the Student Version Lite licenses restrict the use to a single computer and a single user. The user must be a currently enrolled student or currently employed faculty member. The Student Version and the Student Version Lite are not licensed for use on public access computers. The use of the Student Version and Student Version Lite will require you to register with EViews. Technical support is not provided.
- The Student Version will expire two years after first license registration and will no longer run.
- The Student Version Lite will expire one year after first license registration and will no longer run. The Student Version Lite requires internet access once every 7 days, otherwise it will not launch.
|Windows (Microsoft)||OSX (Mac)|
|CPU||Pentium or better||Intel|
|Operating System||Windows 10
|OS X.10.11 (El Capitan)
OS X.10 (Yosemite)
OS X.9 (Mavericks)
OS X.8 (Mountain Lion)
OS X.7 (Lion)
OS X.6 (Snow Leopard)
|Memory||512 MB||512 MB|
|Disk Space||270 MB||1,110 MB|
The EViews Student Version Licence restricts use to a single machine by a single user. The user must be a currently enrolled student or currently employed faculty member. Note specifically that the Student Version is not licensed for use on public access computers. The use of the Student Version requires product activation/registration. The Student Version Licence will expire two years after first use, and the Student Version will no longer run two years after the first activation.
In addition, while the EViews Student Version offers most of the capabilities of our flagship EViews software, in keeping with the targeted classroom use, the following restrictions are imposed:
- EViews Student Version places “soft” capacity restrictions on the amount of data that you may save. While you may use EViews Student Version to work with and analyse data of virtually any size, datasets which exceed the soft limits (1,500 observations per series, 15,000 total observations, 60 objects) may not be saved nor exported.
- Programming capabilities and batch mode processing are not supported. Note that this restriction means that EViews Add-ins and User Objects may not be used. Similarly COM and the Excel Add-in are not supported.
- X-11, X-12, X-13, and Tramo/Seats X-11 seasonal adjustment, solving model objects with more than 10 equations, storing EViews objects to databases, database auto-search, and redirection of print output to text or RTF files are not supported.
- The Mac OS version does not support saving of graphics to .PNG and .JPG formats, or using OLE during copy and paste operations.
The Student Version Licence restricts use to a single machine by a single user. Two (2) installations (one (1) primary, and one (1) backup installation) are provided with the Student Version.
The user must be a currently enrolled student or currently employed faculty member. Please note that the Student Version is not licensed for use on public access computers.
EViews Student Version is licenced for two (2) years, and will no longer run two years after the first activation. In addition, technical support for the Student Version is limited to issues related only to installation and registration of EViews.